A More Advanced Experience
Head to Dogwood Canyon and saddle up for a horseback ride through Little Indian Creek. Geared toward confident beginners, intermediate and advanced riders, this journey through the woods lasts 2.5 hours. Experience side by side riding and trotting if comfortable. Along the way, we’ll stop for lunch before heading back to the stables.
Box Lunch Options
- Ozark Ham with Swiss cheese, mustard, mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato on a whole wheat hoagie.
- Slow roasted turkey with Vermont cheddar, mustard, mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato on a whole wheat hoagie.
- Marinated vegetable pasta salad
- Miss Vickies potato chips
- Golden Delicious apple
- Chocolate chip cookies or Bar Cake
- Assorted condiments and silverware.
$140 per person
Requires Park Admission
***confident beginners= people who may have ridden a horse a few times or many years ago but still have a general understanding of riding/steering a horse
***intermediate riders= people who have ridden horses several times, maybe own their own horses or have taken lessons and can handle more than a one hour experience
***advanced riders= people who ride horses often, own their own horses, or have taken lessons, etc, and can handle long periods of time horseback
A waiver is required by each participant. Please fill it out, print it and bring it with you on the day of your adventure. CLICK HERE FOR WAIVER
All participants must:
- Be at least 12 years old and 48” tall.
- Weigh no more than 250 lbs (you will be weighed prior to riding).
- Must be able to ride on their own (one rider per horse).
- Must wear closed toe shoes.
On the day of your adventure, please:
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled ride.
- Wear long pants.
- Pregnant guests may not participate.
- Participants 14 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a supervising companion over the age of 18.
- Dogwood Canyon REQUIRES all participants under the age of 18 to wear safety helmets provided by the park. This requirement may not be waived by a parent or guardian.
In cases of severe weather, the stable will make the decision to cancel the trail ride.
Severe weather cases:
- Thunder and lightning
- Heavy downpour/flooding
- Ice on the trail
- Extreme temperatures
Guests can feel free to call Dogwood Canyon before coming out to make sure the ride is still being offered based on the weather.